Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Radish Dressing

This recipe began as a need to use up my radishes, my carrot row markers, that come to age quickly and suddenly inundate my late spring garden with roots ready to harvest. Spicy as they are, my plan was to create a salsa or a relish, but I ended up making the most wonderful and sustainable Spicy Salad (recipe to follow), and consider this recipe to be the dressing.

Ingredients
12 Radishes, quartered and then thinly sliced
1/4 cup Raspberry Vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil (or more to taste)
1 to 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
A couple pinches of salt
1 teaspoon oregano
( I bet mint might work REALLY well too! Just might try it this weekend!)

Process
  1. Pare radishes, and the cut into quarters.
  2. Into a medium water tight container (trust me, use a lidded Tupperware or it's like), cut 1/4 radishes into thin slices.
  3. Combine remaining ingredients and stir. Put the cap on and shake. Put it in the refrigerator and walk away. Come back and stir it, recover and chill some more. You get the drift, let it marinate and agitate it often. You will use this later over and awesome sustainable salad mixture.

No comments: