Monday, March 14, 2016

Mexican Meat Pie


This is quick and simple and loved by the kids!
 HAPPY Pi DAY!!




Ingredients
1 Pie shell
1 egg
1 lb ground beef or turkey
7 oz. whole kernel corn
1.2 cup soda crackers
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 Tablespoons pepper flakes or fresh green pepper
1 Tablespoon onion
1.2 teaspoon oregano
for cheese mixture topping.
1 egg beaten
2 Tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
dash of cayenne pepper

Process
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
  3. Transfer into pie shell and press into dish and put in preheated oven.
  4. While pie is baking, prepare cheese mixture for the topping.
  5. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
  6. Top with cheese mixture and bake another 5 minutes. Feel free to garnish with a few olives too.

2 comments:

Mitty said...

Thanks for sharing this! It was yummy! I needed something easy tonight (not cooking the turkey till tomorrow, so no leftovers on hand). I had a sample bottle of chili sauce from my Pampered Chef biz that I didn't know what to do with, as well as frozen corn from the CSA and dehydrated peppers from the backyard, so I was all set. I substituted a can of kidney beans for the meat, which worked out fine. DH and DD agree that we should have it again soon.

Maine Mom said...

I never thought of using beans in place of the meat! I am so glad it worked!