Another Martha Stewart Everyday Recipe, but this one peaked my interest!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Chopped cilantro and lemon wedges (optional), for serving
- In a large straight-sided skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown around edges, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, curry, cinnamon, and cloves and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add chickpeas, ketchup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes. Uncover, and increase heat to medium-high; cook until sauce is slightly reduced, 5 minutes. Serve topped with cilantro, with lemon wedges alongside if desired.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Quick Chickpea Curry - Martha Stewart Recipes