Ripped from the pages of Gourmet, SP style!
It's really hard to read that isn't it? Well I will write it out. We made this last night. We made this all the time when our daughter was in the throws of colic. It was soothing comforting finger food that sustained me through many long nights. We serve it with ranch dressing. Kids love it!
2.5 pounds boneless chicken breast halves
1.5 sticks butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
7 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
1. Put over racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
2. Grease or butter 2 large shallow pans - cookie sheets work fine!
3. Gently pound chicken between sheets of plastic with a meat pounder or a rolling pin until 1/3 inch thick.
4. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch wide strips
5. Stir together melted butter, salt and pepper in shallow dish.
6. Put cornflakes in another dish.
7. Working one chicken strip at a time, dip in butter and then dredge in cornflakes, pressing flakes firmly to adhere, and transfer strips to pans.
8. Bake, switching positions of pans half way through baking, until chicken is golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes total.
9. Cool chicken on racks. Crust will firm up when closer to room temp, but you can eat it as soon as you want!