1 1/2 to 2 pounds ricotta
1 tablespoon kosher salt (if using store-bought ricotta)
- Wrap ricotta in cheesecloth and tie ends together. Hang over a bowl for 20 to 30 minutes to allow whey to drain off.
- Place on a plate or in a bowl and put a weight, such as a large can, on the cheese. Refrigerate for three days, or until the ricotta is very firm.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment. Unwrap the cheese and place it on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 6 hours, or until the cheese is firm and dry.
- Cool completely and then wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for up to three weeks.