It's maple syrup season so you better make one of these yummy breakfast treats! This FABULOUS breakfast recipe feeds 4 to 6 people, so is perfect for a family of 5. If you have a large amount to feed, make 2! It's easy and takes little prep time. If you need to make 2, don't double the recipe, just make two different babies. I bake mine into a deep casserole pan or a 9x12 baking pan.
1 stick butter
6 eggs separated
1.5 cups flour
1.5 cups milk
lots of grated nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
pinch of salt
2 cups blueberries (or raspberries)
- Preheat OVEN 425 degrees.
- Put butter in large pan (9 x 12 or a deep casserole pan or baking dish, and melt in oven.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (mix-master users - if you end up meranging them it will still work).
- Mix egg yolks, milk, flour, nutmeg, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. GENTLY fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter in pan of melted butter. Arrange fruit on top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes - when brown on top and center is not liquid.
- It is VERY hot - give a few minutes to cool
- You may dust with powdered sugar if you wish.
- Cut into squares and remove from pan with a spatula. Serve with real maple syrup.