Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Raw Carrot Hummus

I still have carrots in the garden and will be making this this weekend to share with friends at their "First Fire" party. 
From The Tasty Alternative: Raw Carrot Hummus 

Raw Carrot Hummus

Ingredients
4 medium organic carrots 
2 - 4 tablespoons organic raw tahini (use the 2 tbsp if you want more carrot taste, I used 4 because I love the taste of tahini and I used the 1 & 1/2 lemons)
Juice from 1 & 1/2 lemons (if using less tahini, use less lemon)
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
Oil (of choice) I use grapeseed

How To
1.  Peel and rough chop carrots
2.  Add carrots to food processor and give a quick run 
3.  Add tahini and mix until incorporated
4.  Add lemon, salt and garlic
5.  Blend
6.  Continue blending and drizzle in oil until desired creaminess

No comments: