Friday, December 4, 2015

Indian Chicken Strips


I received this recipe from my sister Mush during one of my bridal showers. This dish is to DIE for. Everyone loves it - even the kids, that is when I leave out the cayenne. It is the yummiest most scrumptious and simplest Indian dish I know. I know a lot of Indian recipes but I don't plan on sharing many of them. I am already drooling for dinner, as these beauties have been marinating in the fridge since last night. The picture doesn't do it justice, but I am pretty sure you will want to dive into the bag with the chicken. I wanted to lick the inside of the blender when I was done making the marinade - no joke! Serve as an appetizer (kinda like Satays) or as a meal, served with rice and Raita.

Indian Chicken Strips
serves 6 to 8

Ingredients
3 lbs chicken - boned, skin, and cut into strips

marinade:
5 tbs vegetable oil
4 tbs red wine vinegar
1 med onion peeled and chopped
1 whole head of garlic peeled and chopped
1 inch cube fresh ginger peeled and chopped
2 tbs fennel seeds
2 tbs ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
seeds from 8 cardamom pods
1 tsp cinnamon
8 whole cloves
20 black peppercorns
1/2 to 3/4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp salt
3 tbs tomato sauce

Process
  1. Combine all marinade ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

  2. Combine chicken with marinade mix well and cover.



  1. Refrigerate 4 to 5 hours.


  2. Preheat broiler. Spread chicken in single layer on tray. Broil 10 minutes or until lightly browned.


  3. You can also choose to grill them, but don't use a high heat/flame or you will incinerate the yummyness off of them. *** note we grill these when doubling or tripling the recipe for a large group.

ENJOY!!! Serve with rice, Raita, and vegetable - or as an appetizer.

No comments: