This is today's mystery soup. It is an old family recipe, handed down to my mother from her mother, who wrote, "Really very good! If the children like peanut butter, they'd love this!
1 teaspoon minced onion
1 Tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 Tablespoons flour
3 cups scalded milk
salt and pepper to taste
Hi-Ho wrote in: Sherry and parsley to garnish
1. Begin by heating/scalding milk.
2. Cook onion in butter and peanut butter for five minutes.
3. Add flour and stir until smooth.
4. Add milk slowly, and cook for 20 minutes. (it says in double boiler but I omit)
5. Season to taste.
6. Process with immersion blender if desired.