The next time you have left overs from a roasted chicken (or turkey) and pan gravy, you need to make these melt in your mouth potato puffs! With a recipe found on TheKitchn.com , SP transformed boring left overs into something amazing!
2 cups mashed potatoes
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup grated cheese such as Parmesan or Gruyere, divided
1/4 cup minced chives
1/4 cup diced cooked bacon or ham, optional
shredded chicken or turkey left overs
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Left over gravy (heated before serving)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease the cups of a mini-muffin tin.
2. Whisk together the mashed potatoes, the eggs, 3/4 cup of cheese,
the chives, and meat.
3. Season as needed with salt and pepper.
4. Mound a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin cup, creating a divot in the top as a reservoir for the gravy.
5. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the potato cups are set, browned on
top, and hot through.
7. Let cool for about 5 minutes in the pan, then use a
spoon or knife to gently release them from the pan.
8. Reheat the gravy, ladle over the potato puff and serve.