We were in Connecticut last weekend celebrating my brothers birthday. We stayed in Madison at my Dad's "Gal Pal" Susan's house. She cooked us this lovely chicken on Friday night. Shown by the state of the cards below, this is a well loved recipe. There is an error on the card - the author omitted the 1/2 cup of chutney that goes on it. I will write it into the recipe below, and add that as a garnish, Susan added water chestnuts and pecans for a little added crunch. Yummy dinner loved by the whole family.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chutney (Major Greys or better)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon curry (or more)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place chicken flat in oven dish.
3. Combine mayo and sour cream in a bowl.
4. Stir in the chutney and the curry.
5. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon.
6. Cover chicken with this mixture. If you are adding the water chestnuts or pecans add them here. Season with pepper.
7. Bake for 20 minutes and Voila! Check meat with a thermometer to be sure it is at 170 degrees.
These pictures don't do this recipe justice.
I hesitate to even put them on here, but darn, this is a really yummy meal.