Thursday, September 24, 2015

Creamy Gazpacho






















I would follow this recipe as is and do not double it. I tried that last night and it doesn't fit in the blender. This is a fantastic, quick and easy recipe to make.  I also skip the fancy crispy cheese addition as it just makes this recipe take much longer than I wanted after a long hot day at work.  The cheese option is made with the pecorino Romano and is step one in the photo above.

Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 large garden tomatoes (about a pound, cored)
1.5 cups plain yogurt (I use Greek for extra tang)
1/4 cup Olive oil
12 Basil leaves (best fresh out of the garden)
2 cloves garlic
2 scallions, chopped
2 ice cubes
2 teaspoons (shy) Kosher salt
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar

Process
Combine ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasonings to preference.

No comments: