Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Potatoes

I can't track down the recipe I saw that inspired me to do this recipe for Easter. Today, I am using one I just googled - Martha popped to the top of the list and I have the ingredients.
http://www.marthastewart.com/257399/carrot-mashed-potatoes
I will add my own pictures later. I will probably tinker with the recipe too.
Carrot Mashed Potatoes from Martha Stewart Kids
  • 2 pounds boiling potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
  • 3 large carrots peeled and cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Directions

  1. Place potatoes and carrots in a small stockpot with enough cold water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and return to pot; place over low heat to dry out, 1 to 2 minutes.

  2. Remove pot from heat. Pour half-and half over vegetables, and add butter; roughly mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.

No comments: