Thursday, January 21, 2010

Faux-Russian Dressing


I put this dressing together as part of my Eat for Life, high protein diet that I am doing to get fit and healthy in the new year. I made turkey meat loaf the other night, and wanted to make a salad with it for lunch. When I reached for the Thousand Island dressing I told myself that I could make something better that still satisfied my "fat craving" tendencies. So here is what I did - no real measurements - just an eyeball and lots of whisking.


Ingredients









Large shake organic chili sauce
Large squirt organic ketchup
Generous amounts hummus - 1/2 cup to a cup
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon mayo (reduced fat is better) - just enough to taste

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Use as a salad dressing on a meaty/protein rich salad!

No comments: